Undertake Consensus Building to shape the intellectual discourse around the area of Built Environment.
Public Health and Environment
Safety, Security, and Defence
Growth, Well-being and Social Justice
Core Values: Truth, Integrity, Natural Justice, Human Dignity, and Right to Life.
For the Center
Delhi Masterplan 2041
Position document of the Center
Publications by People Associated with the ISAC Centre for Built Environment Policy:
- Raja Singh, Anil Dewan. Implementation of the Right to Healthy Environment: Regulations for running air conditioners in public buildings and recognition of biological pollutants., 20 January 2022, PREPRINT (Version 1) available at Research Square [https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.rs-1270717/v1]
- Singh, Raja & Dewan, Anil. (2022). Air conditioners, airborne infection prevention and air pollution in buildings in New Delhi. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, 26(3), 288–290. http://dx.doi.org/10.5588/ijtld.21.0704
- Singh, R., Mathur, M., & Dewan, A. (2022). Analysis of the Delhi-Unified Buildings Bye Laws 2016 with respect to the integration of provisions of the National Building Code. Shelter-HUDCO, 23(2).
- Raja Singh & Anil Dewan (2022) Openability of windows and presence of wire mesh in residences in a New Delhi neighbourhood as a factor of dilution ventilation required for prevention of airborne diseases and vector borne diseases, Cities & Health, DOI: 10.1080/23748834.2022.2036003
- Singh R, Dewan A. Bioaerosol Spread of COVID-19 and TB in Air Conditioned Spaces: How the Court Spearheaded the Movement in India. Special Issue – COVID-19 & Other Communicable Disease.
- Singh R. The Risk Status of Waiting Areas for Airborne Infection Control in Delhi Hospitals. Cureus. 2022 Mar 16;14(3):e23211. doi: 10.7759/cureus.23211. PMID: 35444905; PMCID: PMC9012110.
- Singh R. Studying the Double Paradox in Air Conditioning at Indian Airports for Airborne Infection Prevention and Filtration of Harmful Suspended Particulate Matter. Cureus. 2022 Apr 1;14(4):e23748. doi: 10.7759/cureus.23748. PMID: 35509738; PMCID: PMC9058289.
- Singh R, Dewan A. Using global research on ventilation and airborne infection control for impacting public policy through the Indian Judiciary. Indoor and Built Environment. 2022;31(5):1438-1440. doi:10.1177/1420326X211061997
- Singh R. Public Health Issue of Indoor Dilution Ventilation for Disease Prevention Versus PM2.5 in Intake Air in Auditoriums of Premier Engineering Institutes in India. Cureus. 2022 May 23;14(5):e25258. doi: 10.7759/cureus.25258. PMID: 35755566; PMCID: PMC9217168.
- Singh R, Dewan A. Progress on indoor air quality regulation in India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2022 Aug 1;26(8):801b-802. doi: 10.5588/ijtld.22.0267. PMID: 35898128.
- Laxmi Bohora, Raja Singh. (2023). [Commentary] Young Builders vs. University of Delhi: A case study of the priority to environment protection in New Delhi by the National Green Tribunal.. Qeios. doi:10.32388/M7CY7Q.2.
- Raja Singh, Laxmi Bohora, Nirupam Madaan. (2022). The Universal Accessibility Provisions in Hospitals of New Delhi, India. Qeios. doi:10.32388/M7E7KE.2.
- Raja Singh. (2023). [Commentary] Can we ensure Fire safety in Buildings that don’t require NOC from the Fire Department?. Qeios. doi:10.32388/P6JSU5.2.
- Raja Singh, Laxmi Bohora. (2023). The Universal Accessibility Provisions in Educational Institutes of New Delhi, India. Qeios. doi:10.32388/BYE0A8.2.
- Raja Singh, “Pedagogy for Teaching Fire Safety through Design-Based Immersion of the National Building Code 2016 with Feedback from Students of Undergraduate Architecture”, The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2023, Article ID 4007123, 10 pages, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1155/2023/4007123
- Singh R. Airborne Infection Control as Right to Life in the Indian Constitution: How Indian Polity is Paving the Way for the Future. Epidem Int. 2023;8(1):11-13.
- Singh R, Frank AL. Does the Presence of Asbestos-Containing Materials in Buildings Post-construction and Before Demolition Have an Impact on the Exposure to Occupants in Non-occupational Settings? Cureus. 2023 Apr 8;15(4):e37305. doi: 10.7759/cureus.37305. PMID: 37168168; PMCID: PMC10166626.
- Singh R, Frank AL. Analysis of the Indian Government’s position on the use of asbestos and its health effects. Public Health Action. 2023 Jun 21;13(2):50-52. doi: 10.5588/pha.23.0013. PMID: 37359063; PMCID: PMC10290263.
- Raja Singh (2023) Pedestrian post-twilight illuminance levels for security, visual comfort, and related parameters: the case of public parks in New Delhi, Cities & Health, DOI: 10.1080/23748834.2023.2231591
Dr Raja Singh,
Visiting Faculty, SPA, New Delhi
Launch your research
Pedestal for Policy Work
The Centre provides a unique opportunity for researchers to pitch their research for wider implementation into Policy.Write to: CBEP[at]isacfoundation.org